Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sipping Scotch at the cinema?

We selected our seats on the computer, purchased and printed our tickets.
After arriving at the cinema, my sister and I ordered drinks at the bar (Famous Grouse on the rocks for me), and took our seats in the balcony for yesterday's 4:30 p.m. showing of "INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL."
It was modern movie viewing at its finest at the SUNDANCE KABUKI CINEMA in SAN FRANCISCO'S JAPANTOWN.
Plush, stadium seats were separated by small tables and -- yes -- patrons really could carry their drinks from the bar to their seats in the balcony, which was reserved for the older-21 crowd.
There were no annoying commercials to endure before the film. Once everyone had taken their assigned seats, the film began.
The Kabuki wasn't always a state-of-the-art cinema. It once served as a key Bay Area venue for new music, and my sister saw her first gig there way back in the day -- THE CURE.
Apparently there is another SUNDANCE CINEMA in MADISON. I might have to check it out on my return to the Midwest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home