Thursday, May 22, 2008

"I got a powder-keg leg"

I'm nervous and busy -- surely not the way I wanted to begin my VACATION?!
There are errands to run and bags to pack before I can leave for my home state of CALIFORNIA for a visit with my SISTER.
Errands and packing should be an easy couple of tasks, but for some reason I feel disorganized -- I have only just now located the SUNDAY TIMES ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, the venerable British soccer tome that I refuse to leave behind whenever I stray farther than 300 miles from home.
I decided to listen to the magnificent "ELECTRIC WARRIOR" album by T. REX to help calm my nerves as I pack and run the errands.
Marc Bolan's ingenious pairing of mystical, impenetrable poetry and elemental, Chuck Berry riffing has aged so well. Songs such as the opening "MAMBO SUN" seem fresh each time I hear them.
The songs have helped take my mind off its nervousness, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger See Jane Shoot. Photography said...

hey erik! thanks for the comment...have a fantastic trip to cali..
~jane

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home