Monday, February 25, 2008

Sinatra sings for only the earaches

"So drink up, all you people, order anything you see... the drink, and the laugh's on me."
Thanks, Frank!
I'm having some apple juice. It goes quite nicely with my Cephalexin and Pseudovent pills that I have to choke down because of my EAR INFECTION.
I am listening to "SINATRA SINGS FOR ONLY THE LONELY," arguably the saddest album in the FRANK SINATRA discography today. I am wallowing in "The Voice" while waiting for my antibiotics to kick in.
A trip to the doctor's office this morning confirmed by suspicion -- I have fluid in both ears, swollen lymph nodes and an ear infection.
Wonderful.
Chris Ingham, in "The Rough Guide to Frank Sinatra," characterizes
"Sinatra Sings for Only the Lonely" as "... not only the peak of the Sinatra and (arranger Nelson) Riddle collaboration, but also -- if artistic focus, technical excellence, bold and sensitive imagination, and penetrating, soulful performance are any criteria -- one of the great works of 20th century popular art."
Amen.
Now, if only I could get somebody to explain why three of the advertisements on my prescription bag from the grocery store were for Behr's Funeral Home, Hospice of Dubuque and Lenz Monument Company. Don't they think these drugs are going to work?
"Willow, weep for me..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home