Monday, August 20, 2007

"Spellbound," frightbound and bedbound

I somehow injured my neck, a development that left me stuck in bed most of the day.
I couldn't turn my head without yelping in pain, so I have been reading some H. P. Lovecraft horror short stories while listening to Siouxsie and the Banshees while flat on my back in bed.
I have loved Siouxsie and the Banshees since high school, but only just recently learned that the lead singer's real name was Susan BALLION, not Susan DALLION, as she said in some interviews. It seems she did not want fans bothering her mother by turning up at the family home in suburban Chislehurst, between Bromley and Bexley -- southeast of London.
I don't really care about Siouxsie Sioux's real name.
The sound she created with her innovative band always sounded so CINEMATIC compared to the other bands that blossomed out of punk's late-1970s heyday.
I am taking a break from my bedridden routine to type this blog entry, but my neck feels stiff and sore again, so I think I am going to swallow some Tylenol, grab a chunk of chocolate and listen to some Buzzcocks. I'll try anything to feel better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home