Sunday, July 01, 2007

ROTFLMFAO

There are many reasons why I consider "Reno 911" to be among the best American comedies of the past decade.
I have been watching series one on DVD for the past couple days -- including right now, following a rare Sunday of work at the office -- and here are three reasons why I LOVE "RENO 911:"
1) Although primary location shooting occurs in Southern California, the series is set in Reno, Nev.
Reno is really my family's "home away from home," what with my mom and step-dad (the girls' grandparents) living there. Thus, I always laugh at the second-unit, cut-away shots of the city. It's just funny to think a show would be set in Reno.
2) The cast is fabulous. Show creators Thomas Lennon (Lt. Jim Dangle), Ben Garant (Deputy Travis Junior and most of the male criminals with blurred faces) and Kerri Kenney (Deputy Trudy Weigel) deserve mountains of credit.
They offer spot-on portrayals of their characters.
I would also like to give a shout out to Carlos Alazraqui, who plays Deputy James Garcia. He also provides the voices of countless cartoon characters on other shows (Rocko, from "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Mr. Denzel Crocker" from "Fairly Odd Parents") and -- like yours truly -- grew up in the suburban wonderland known as Concord, Calif.
3) The writing is drop-dead funny. For example, every time Terry the Rollerskating Male Prostitute opens his mouth, I burst out laughing so hard it scares the cats...
"I heard a rumor... Mexican werewolves are coming up from Mexico and selling crack!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home