Thursday, June 07, 2007

I need a bookmark for my cell phone user guide!

"...Not touching the antenna area during a phone call optimizes the antenna performance and battery life. THE END."
There! That's the end of Page 17 of my new cell phone's user guide.
After a year of simple cell phone technology (SELECT. CALL. "HELLO?"), I have upgraded to the NOKIA 6315i. Apparently, it is an amazing phone.
I say "apparently," because I have yet to fully comprehend the NOKIA 6315i.
The user guide is 96 pages long. I believe that places it in the "novella" category.
The guide is rather heavy going at times: "To ensure interoperability between other devices supporting Bluetooth technology, use NOKIA approved enhancements for this model."
I am not entirely sure what that means.
However, I am sure about the THREE VOWS I have taken regarding my new phone:
1) I WILL NOT LET SOME FINN BE SMARTER THAN ME.
I have nothing against the Finns. They do make apparently amazing phones, after all. However, as a PROUD SWEDISH-AMERICAN, I refuse to bow down to any notion of SUOMEN SUPERIORITY. I will figure out this phone.
2) I WILL REMAIN SAVVY.
Don't let today's Christmas socks fool you. They were the only matched socks in the "Sock Box" and I was in a hurry. I am otherwise savvy. I TXT, I blog (obviously), I can't live without my iPod. I know how to order sushi in Half Moon Bay, Calif. I am relatively savvy.
I will not let this phone transform me into a Luddite.
3) I WILL BECOME SO ADEPT AT USING THIS PHONE THAT "ANARCHY IN THE UK" PLAYS WHENEVER THE GIRLS CALL ME ON IT.
At least I think I will. I haven't gotten to that chapter in the user guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home