Friday, June 01, 2007

FEEL GOOD music of the week

Good thing nothing in the ROUTE 1 CONSTITUTION says we are obligated to type FRIDAY QUESTION answers on Friday morning!
A combination of AMERICAN AIRLINES INEPTITUDE and BAD WEATHER over Chicago's O'Hare airport conspired to completely thrash my travel plans this week.
That's why I am JUST NOW typing the answers to the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Name a song that made you feel good this week. Why did it make you feel good?"
Inger H. -- Hearing the Mayflies at Pete and Laura's BBQ, because the Mayflies always make me think of summer.
Mike D. -- After a busy day at work, nursing a sore back muscle I pulled earlier
in the day, and knowing that I had to return to work late that night for a couple hours of work on the company newsletter, I was glad to hear a rockin' oldie on the drive home. Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' with Disaster" is not only full of that good ol' crunchy Southern rock sound, but the additional guitar harmonies add some flavor. Mmmm mmm.
Mike M. -- "Peppermint Patty" by the Ellis Marsalis Trio on the album "Joe Cool's Blues." Ellis' piano solo makes me want to wear a fedora, slam shots of whiskey, smoke Cuban cigarillos, and chase dames. Heh heh!
Mary N.-P. -- OK. I'll bet I will be the only person on the Route 1 blog who hasn't listened to ANY music this week (not unusual for me). I could have faked it, but how could you ever trust my answers again?
Scout S. -- "My Name is Love" by Rob Dickinson. I listened to it several times -- once in the car I played it twice in a row. It is a soaring pop anthem and I can't get enough of it.
Rick T. -- "I Tell It Like It Use To Be" by T. Graham Brown. He sang it last night on the Tuesday Night Opry (Grand Ole Opry). Love that song!
Erik H. -- I stepped out onto California Street earlier this week, iPod in hand, and The Faces' live version of the Rod Stewart classic "Maggie May" felt like it lifted me up and into the air. It felt so good to hear that song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home