Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Do you think U.C. gives a sh!t about Stuart Hall's grading system?"

I have decided that the No. 2 Clement is my new favorite MUNI bus route in the city of San Francisco.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
1) After waiting what seemed like an eternity, I was just about to give up and start walking down Sutter in the Financial District this afternoon when an outbound No. 2 (magically?) appeared.
2) The line passes 700 Sutter, home of Australia Fair, a shop that apparently stocks an ALL-AUSSIE assortment of items. I say "apparently," because I did not have time to hop off the bus. However, from the looks of things, the store is chock full of Australian items. I will definitely stop next time I am in town. They might carry VIOLET CRUMBLE, the greatest candy bar in the history of mankind (No. 2? British MARS BAR).
3) While riding on the No. 2, passengers can occasionally hear Stuart Hall High School (1715 Octavia St.) students b!tching about the grading system at the all-boys college preparatory school.
"An 84 is a C+," one of them said today. "I know they say colleges look at our grade-point averages differently, but do you think U.C. gives a sh!t about Stuart Hall's grading system?"
4) The line passes through Japantown, so many Japanese-American passengers sit and read colorful, Japanese-language newspapers.
5) Genki, purveyors of FINE JAPANESE CANDY are located on the bus route, at 330 Clement St. and a couple blocks down is GREEN APPLE BOOKS (506 Clement), where I purchased a used, hardbound copy of legendary S.F. jazz critic RALPH J. GLEASON's "Celebrating the Duke & Louis, Bessie, Billie, Bird, Carmen, Miles, Dizzy & Other Heroes" for a mere $10. Wow.
See what I mean? The No. 2 Clement is EASILY my favorite bus route in the city of San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home