Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why I am listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra at 5:28 a.m.?

Mahavishnu Orchestra are cool. John McLaughlin plays guitar like a rock god (McLaughlin = jazz/rock god?). I love Mahavishnu Orchestra's "The Inner Mounting Flame" album, I just never expected to hear it much before 6 a.m. today.
Blame the cats.
Our cats Lorelie and Mika woke up my daughter Kerstin at approximately 4:45 a.m. She shooed them away, only for Lorelie to jump on (sleeping) me and inadvertently scratch me on my side.
Yow!
"Claws beat skin?" You can say that again.
It really doesn't make sense for me to go back to sleep for 45 minutes or so. Besides, tomorrow morning I have to be at the airport at 5:30 a.m. so I can prepare for my flight to the Bay Area. So I might as well remain awake.
Now I am sipping coffee and listening to some marvelous interplay between McLaughlin, violinist Jerry Goodman and drummer Billy Cobham.
"Claws beat skin and Mahavishnu beats sleeping?"
I wouldn't go that far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home