Friday, June 08, 2007

The funny bone's connected to the... um... what is the funny bone connected to?

ROUTE 1 seeks information on tickling funny bones, and readers respond to the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What was the funniest thing you heard this week?"
Mary N.-P. -- Let me set the stage for this image (I did not get to see this, but wish I had).

We had a tornado hit near here Friday that knocked out a lot of folks' power. My good friends who live in the country and whose water comes from a well pump, had no electricity. They had to go to a graduation party and were sweaty from cleaning up storm debris. There was not enough water for the 15-year-old son to take a shower, so he stripped to his underwear, grabbed soap and shampoo and ran outside under the pouring rain. He lathered up body and hair and rinsed off under a roaring downspout. He came in, dried off and was sparkling clean for the party.
Rick T. -- That I was good looking!
Mike M. -- When I tried to convince my 4-year-old daughter Rebecca that I was going to mow the lawn in my underwear, she rolled her eyes and exclaimed, "Dad! That's inappropriate!"
Erik H. -- Jill and I saw Judd Apatow's film "Knocked Up" last night. It is funny. It is one of those rare films that you want to see again, just so you can catch some of the dialog that you laughed through the first time.
Ben Stone (Seth Rogen) and his slacker buddies get most of the best lines, and their verbal jabs at a beard-wearing member of their crew are consistently funny.
I think I laughed the loudest, however, when Stone tried to explain a love-making option to Alison Scott (Katherine Heigl):
"It's doggie style. It's a style. We don't have to go outside or anything."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home