Tuesday, June 12, 2007

86... 86... 89... 91... 89...

I know, I am strange when it comes to weather and music.
I can't really listen to ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN, for example, unless the temperature is below 50. The Bunnymen just aren't a "warm weather band" for me. I guess I spent to much time listening to them while shoveling snow as part of my work-study duties in college.
Similarly, I can't really listen to the BLUES -- good, old-fashioned DELTA BLUES -- unless the weather turns wickedly HOT.
That's where this week's forecast comes into play.
Temperatures are supposed to creep up into the upper 80s and lower 90s this week -- the first sustained "warm spell" of the summer.
I'll be ready.
I am listening to ROBERT JOHNSON and some other classic blues today.
This morning, I have also been enjoying one of the little-known treasures from the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE.
"Trail of the Hellhound," located here, provides a virtual tour of IMPORTANT BLUES LOCATIONS in the lower Mississippi region. It's the next best thing to being there, and if you are inside with the air-conditioning, it's a lot cooler than being there, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home