Friday, March 30, 2007

I said: "Turn down that racket and pass me the coconut!"

This week, ROUTE 1 readers ponder the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What band would you want to accompany you if stranded on a desert island?" (Note: The island includes solar-powered amps.)
Dave B. -- The Village People - I would have a construction worker to build me a
house. A Cop to make sure all laws are enforced on the island. An Indian to send up smoke signals so I can be rescued. An Army officer to protect the island, should another island invade. A biker dude to protect me should there be a biker bar on this island. Finally a cowboy to wrestle up some grub for me to eat.
Clint A. -- Catherine Wheel.
Scout S. -- I guess I'd pick the Polyphonic Spree. Not because I like the music, but because there's like 30 or 40 people in that band, and I'm gonna need the manpower. We're gonna have to disassemble those solar powered amps in order to build generators, and probably some kind of radios.
Rick T. -- The Grand Ole Opry Staff Band. "Aaaahhh pick it, Leon!"
Lisa Y. -- At first I thought Jimmy Buffett. I'm not even a big fan, but I thought maybe his songs might make you feel like you're on vacation, rather than stranded. But after awhile, you might want to choke him... I love music, but I can't think of anyone I'd want to listen to over and over and over again.
Mike D. -- Now, if I was a single guy (or if there was no chance of rescue), I'd choose the Pussycat Dolls. I don't know if they can sing, but I bet they put on a heck of a stage show. But since I'm a happily married man, I'll go with Jimmy Buffett. I'm no Parrothead, but there's nothing like sitting around a campfire, singing along with someone strumming a guitar.
Erik H. -- I think the loneliness of a deserted island could mount fairly quickly, so I would want a band with a great sense of humor. I would pick Mental as Anything. They are hilarious. Plus, they're Australian, so perhaps at least one of them could teach me how to surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home