Saturday, February 17, 2007

I laughed... I cried... I...

... enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.
Kerstin and I have a father-daughter weekend (Jill and Annika are out of town), and Kerstin REALLY WANTED to see Gabor Csupo's "Bridge to Terabithia."
She had read the book in school and watched a 1985 TV-movie version.
Today, she wanted to see it on the BIG SCREEN.
I had never heard of the film, the book or any of the actors (except for Zooey Deschanel, whose dad Caleb was the cinematographer on "The Natural," "The Black Stallion" and other films that look just great).
So, my expectations were somewhat low compared to Kerstin's.
I was wrong, she was right.
"Bridge to Terabithia" is a good film. Josh Hutcherson and AnnaSophia Robb portray a couple of imagination-fueled school kids who escape from their pressures (including bullying and out-of-touch parents) by creating a world of their own.
There won't be any spoilers here, but suffice to say, the film extends along the whole range of emotions.
This is Csupo's first major feature film as a director, although you probably all know his work... as an animator/producer.
"The Rugrats!" "The Wild Thornberrys!"
I should have known this film would be good: Anybody who can cast Flea out of the Red Hot Chili Peppers as a feral child is A-OK.

1 Comments:

Blogger kerstin said...

I loved the movie. I am glad I helped you clean up your mistakes -- huh!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home