Friday, June 02, 2006

OVER!!! .... RATED!!!

Route 1's FRIDAY QUESTION asked readers to select an overrated song, album or artist:
Dave B. -- Most overrated song: "I'll be There for You" by The Rembrandts. Most overrated album: "Zooropa" by U2.
Brian C. -- Blasphemy from this Beatles fan? Perhaps. But I simply cannot warm up to Paul McCartney's "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard." (2005.) Anybody want to buy it?
Diane H. -- I realize the Grammys aren't exactly an arbiter of great music, but how the hell did Mariah Carey get nominated for like, 13 awards this year? I can't tell any of her new songs apart when I hear them on the radio. They all sound like standard-issue, watered down R&B to me.
Rick T. -- Garth Brooks!!! Thinks he's country, wishes he was country, heroes are rock & roll artists and turned his back on the Grand Ole Opry, (which he should be kicked off for not appearing as he is supposed to as scheduled)
Erik H. -- Sorry, grunge fans. Nirvana and "Nevermind" are waaay overrated. Since the beginning, I have been convinced that Kurt and the lads sounded like a fresh alternative to all other rock music -- but only to listeners unfamiliar with antecedent alt-rockers such as Pixies. The musical dynamism for which Cobain became synonymous can be heard in even the earliest work by Black Francis and the gang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home