Saturday, May 13, 2006

Kicks and quotes

OK, I'll bite.
I was following today's 125th FA Cup Final between Liverpool and West Ham United live online on the Guardian newspaper's Web site (located here) when the commentator asked about the greatest cover versions of all time.
Well, Route 1 rose to that bait like a hungry crappie.
I dashed off a quick e-mail in which I also complained that the BBC Radio Five Live Web site could not broadcast the final, except to residents of the UK.
At half time my comments appeared in the commentary:
Covers etc
"'Everything I Own' by Ken Boothe is the best cover version of all time," says Erik Hogstrom. "I am an American who could only listen to the build-up to the Cup Final on Radio Five Live online. Then they cut the broadcast because of "contractual restrictions." Why doesn't the FA license audio worldwide? Shame on them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home