Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What it is

I listened to a recent acquisition as I walked on the treadmill this morning.
Luv N Haight -- my current favorite record label -- released a storming compilation called Bay Area Funk.
It sounds like a cliché to say something was "lovingly compiled," but how else do you describe the efforts in gathering such forgotten acts as Eugene Blacknell & The New Breed, Little Denice, PI-R-Square and the unintentionally ironically named Unforgettables?
Track No. 2 is one of my all-time favorite songs -- Rodger Collins' stone-cold classic "Foxy Girls in Oakland." Apart from that track, all of the other songs were new to me.
Good news!
Luv N Haight plans to release Bay Area Funk 2 on April 25. I will hunt it down during an upcoming visit to San Francisco. I am sure that will sound great on the treadmill, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home