Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Who is the coolest person born in Oakland?

I am home with a sick kid today.
Annika was up half the night vomiting. She took my place in our bed and relegated me to her bed, where the cats spent the night trying to sit on my face.
Now I am sipping coffee in a bid to remain awake, listening to the Small Faces ("Hey Girl" is a killer tune) and spending this day of ROUTE 1's OAKLAND WEEK trying to determine who was the COOLEST PERSON BORN IN OAKLAND.
Besides myself, of course.
Let's see...
Reagan-era U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese was born in Oakland. Nope. Not him.
Recently waived NBA player Antonio Davis was born in Oakland. He was suspended for five games earlier this season for climbing into the stands after his wife got into a confrontation with a fan in Chicago. Hmm... We'll check back on what happens next before proclaiming him the COOLEST.
Former Oakland Athletics batboy and alleged rapper M.C. Hammer was born in Oakland. He might be the UNCOOLEST person born in Oakland.
Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day was born in Oakland. He's cool, yeah... but has he ever wielded a LIGHT SABRE?
Nope.
I guess it is settled, then. The COOLEST PERSON BORN IN OAKLAND is... Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill?
Huh?
Wait a second... that can't be right.
Let me look around and find some other people who were born in Oakland. There has got to be somebody else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home