Friday, March 24, 2006

FRIDAY -- HIC! -- QUESTION

The Route 1 staff gave up alcohol for Lent. With Easter in sight, the FRIDAY QUESTION seeks the perfect song to accompany the reintroduction of booze...
Ken B. -- "One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer
"
Rick T. -- "Think I'll Just Sit Here And Drink" by Merle Haggard! Just listen to the words and you'll see why!
Dave B. -- My on worst enemy - Lit
Lisa Y. -- It's gotta be "Margaritaville." Or I suppose that song with the chorus "I woke up this mornin' and I got myself a be-er." I fondly remember belting that one out at a "sing a long" at a great blues bar in Chicago
Diane H. -- "Beer for Breakfast" by The Replacements. The opening line says it all: "All I wanna do is drink beer for breakfast." I mean, who doesn't agree with that? The best song about the day AFTER you get drunk is "Sunday Mornin Comin Down," but that's a whole different category.
Madelin F. -- If I'm sitting in a bar, and I'm ordering something I haven't had in 40 days and 40 nights, I'm thinking "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, because everybody always joins in and all night long you're stuck on "la-da-da--diddy-dahhhh." Also, any sort of polka gets folks riled up like when they play "In Heaven, Ther Ain't No Beer" at the Hawkeye games. Or, how 'bout anything Mellancamp, like "Jack and Diane," "Little Pink Houses," or "Small Town" because he really should only be listened to while holding a beer. Try it. You'll agree. Any Mellancamp song, beer in hand, and just let it flow. Yes, let it flow.
Ellen B. -- Jimmy Buffet'‘s "Margaritaville"
Erik H. -- "Reach for the knob miss the whole damn door." The Jimmy Liggins' R&B song "Drunk" perfectly sums up what could happen if I leap back into alcoholic consumption with too much fervor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home