Thursday, April 27, 2006

Heading out today

It's hard to believe I will be in the Bay Area later today.
My birthday is coming up, and my sister got me tickets to fly out and visit her in San Francisco.
My excitement has been building slowly. I had plenty to accomplish at work before I could leave, so any excitement in recent days was tempered by workload.
Now that my stories are filed (and in two cases, published in today's newspaper), I can feel free to unleash my excitement about returning -- albeit temporarily -- to my Bay Area roots.
I celebrated a bit yesterday by listening to Darondo's "Let My People Go" album.
In case you haven't heard, the fine folks at Luv 'N Haight records helped funksters rediscover the smooth soul sounds of Darondo, an East Bay legend who had not been heard from in 30 years.
His music makes the perfect accompaniment for brilliant blue skies and warm temperatures.
I am not sure how active I can keep Route 1 when I am gone. My sister and I will be in search of the perfect San Francisco burrito, a Japanese baseball cap and other necessary items.
I am sure I will have updates a-plenty when I return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home