Friday, April 28, 2006

Greetings from San Francisco

I am still stuffed.
I arrived in San Francisco yesterday via cramped and crowded United Flight 149 from Chicago.
Not long after depositing my things in my sister Inger's apartment, we walked a couple blocks into her outer Richmond neighborhood to kick off my latest San Francisco adventure.
We arrived at India Clay Oven, 2436 Clement St. I was starving after the journey west.
At India Clay Oven, I ate:
Aloo Tikki -- mashed potato patties served with mango chutney.
Nan -- the fresh-from-the-oven, soft leavened bread that is a staple of Indian cuisine.
Lamb Saag -- Lamb with a spicy, creamed spinach sauce. (Also served with rice with peas.)
King Fisher -- The Indian beer, served on tap.
It was delicious. It's about 7 in the morning the next day and I am still stuffed.
We have more adventures on tap for today. I hope to find the Bay Area Funk 2 CD from Luv 'N Haight records.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cooper said...

Erik: Have a great time out there. Our trip to San Francisco a couple of years ago was one of my favorite vacations ever!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home