Saturday, December 03, 2005

Comment allez-vous?

Merci, et vous?
Although, I must admit I am going through a bit of a French phase.
I was reading about French Nouvelle Vague cinema the other day ("A Bout de Souffle" is my second favorite film, after "Shichinin no Samurai"), and that caused me to check out some Parisian maps and guide books from the library yesterday.
That, in turn, caused me to seek out some Serge Gainsbourg music.
Now, with Jill and the girls gone to central Iowa for the weekend, I can listen to whatever music I wish for two days.
Crank up the Gainsbourg!
His 1969 duet with Jane Birkin, "Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus," is deservedly famous. It sold six million copies in the UK and spent 34 weeks in the charts. MOJO Magazine named it one of the Top 100 "World Changing Moments" in music back in 2003.
I am really enjoying some of his other tunes, including his latin-tinged songs such as "Couleur Café" and "Les Cigarillos."
I was listening to some Gainsbourg yesterday and 10-year-old Kerstin said" "Why do you want to listen to something you can't even understand?"
Huh? I wasn't really listening to the poor girl. I was imagining myself sipping a glass of red wine under a café umbrella somewhere warm.
Je voudrais une bouteille du vin!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.rboksunglassesoem.com
cheap ray bans for sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
Ray Ban Wayfarer
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ray ban online
oakley sunglasses outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ray ban outlet
ray ban sunglasses
oakley outlet
http://www.cheapraybansoutlets.us.com
ray bans on sale
cheap ray ban sunglasses sale under 30$
discount ray bans
ray ban store
cheap oakley
cheap ray bans
cheap oakley
oakley sunglasses
ray ban outlet stores
ray ban one day sale 90% off
ray ban outlet
ray ban one day sale 90% off

6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fashion Week is a joyous time for beauty-lovers, myself included. I get to flip through our feeds full of dramatic hair and makeup and get in on the hottest nail trends red sole shoes christian louboutin for next season. But while many simply sit and take in the beauty, one christian louboutin sale glaring issue stands out to me: the lack of diversity on the runway.Fair-complected, flaxen-haired models are frequently enlisted by designers to showcase their pieces and execute their creative visions. And while the final looks are stunning, I often end up thinking, christian louboutin outlet "Where are all the brown girls with kinky curls that look like me, my mom, or my sister?" The Kendall Jenners christian louboutin shoes and Gigi Hadids of the world dominate the supermodel category like pro athletes. But the warm-skinned, natural-haired women that most black red bottom shoes for women girls can relate to are scarcely seen.This includes two of my recent favorites, Maria Borges and Sanneta Myrie. The two are christian louboutin outlet very different in appearance but accomplished similar feats late last year. Borges made history on the Victoria's Secret runway for being cheap louboutin shoes the first woman to walk the show with her natural TWA (teeny-weeny Afro). Myrie made waves at the Miss World pageant giuseppe zanotti sneakers as the first woman to wear her flowing dreadlocks on the prestigious stage. By being the first women to prowl the jimmy choo outlet catwalk while embracing their natural texture makes a powerful statement: diversity on the runway is long overdue.Fashion and beauty should be valentino boots more inclusive. Women of all backgrounds — and hair types — shouldn't be restricted to exclusionary requirements or be told that christian louboutin store their natural "look" isn't quite good enough. When I think of creative expression through makeup and hair artistry, I imagine the christian louboutin runway being a place for every woman, kinks and all, to freely flaunt her God-given beauty.

5:51 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

hermes belts
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
49ers jersey
ralph lauren
ugg boots
nike blazer pas cher
polo ralph lauren
nike factory outlet

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home