Tuesday, November 22, 2005

On the last bus out of town

I had to write three stories for the newspaper today, which is actually rather a lot.
When I would look up from my computer, the world looked like the side of a road at 75 mph -- a continuous, blurred ribbon.
Listening to Belle & Sebastian on my iPod helped me from packing it all in today.
In fact, I listened to "Lazy Line Painter Jane" five straight times.
You might think that is a bit much, until you have heard the song. It is my fave B&S song by the proverbial country mile.
Belle leader Stuart Murdoch duets on this 1997 UK No. 41 chart "hit" with Monica Queen, the lead singer of the Glasgow country rockers Thrum.
It's like a Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris duet, grand and catchy, memorable and melodic.
It kept me sane, I tell you, during an otherwise insane type of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home