Friday, October 28, 2005

Sleepyhead selections

I almost slept right through the FRIDAY QUESTION.
I was sick this week, my father-in-law spent time in the hospital and work kept me busy as well.
Luckily, 6-year-old Route 1 assistant (and daughter) Annika jarred me out of my slumbering haze.
"What's this week's FRIDAY QUESTION?"
I had no idea, so I let her pick one.
"What is the music you listen to before you go to sleep?"
Ann M. -- The music I hear before bed, courtesy of my fiance, is the theme song to ESPN's SportsCenter.
Kerstin H. -- "Everywhere" by Tim McGraw.
Mary N.-P. -- Great question Annika... er... Erik. I don't listen to music before I go to bed because I won't be able to sleep with the melody (or whatever) running through my mind.
Jill H. -- Annika, I like to listen to soft jazz, a little Chet Baker or whatever else Daddy picks out.
Mike D. -- Most likely a tune from one of the sing-songy books that I read to my children at bedtime. "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" has been a requested favorite lately.
Dave B. -- If I listen to music before I went to sleep, I would never fall asleep.
Inger H. -- I don't really listen to music before I go to sleep, but I'm pretty touchy about what I'll listen to when I'm waking up. This morning Modest Mouse just seemed too noisy and screechy. I defaulted to the mellow moods of the Garden State soundtrack. It got me to work in one piece.
Rick T. -- The theme from the show "Night Court." Love that show.
Erik H. -- I usually only fall asleep to downtempo instrumental music (but not Miles Davis, because I typically concentrate too much on his melodies). Lee "Scratch" Perry's dub reggae track "Khasha Macka," based on the Gatherers' tune "Words of My Mouth," is one such song that can soothe me into sleep.
Annika H. -- I can fall asleep to any song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home