Monday, October 24, 2005

1) I am a nerd 2) great band name 3) me? nerd!


Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Two blog posts in one day make me such a NERD.
Oh yeah?!
Here's what makes me a NERD (I mean, besides the fact that I am speaking these words out loud while I type them)...
I have listened to an obscure 1979 single called "It's Only Love" about 10 times today (NERD!) not only because it is a great lost song, but also because I read about it (NERD!) on Page 247 of "Punk Diary" by George Gimarc (possibly: NERD!).
I have come to the conclusion, while thinking about this song incessantly (NERD!) that the band that produced it played under the GREATEST BAND NAME EVER.
What was that name again?
LITTLE BO BITCH.
I don't know much about Dermon Maughan (keyboards), Bob Wainwright (bass), Steve Carroll (guitar), Terry Reece (drums) or Tony Watson (vocals) -- although, I do know all their names (NERD!). However, I surmise that they were five HIP Londoners to come up with the name LITTLE BO BITCH.
Just say it... "LITTLE BO BITCH."
It's awesome!
Too awesome, as a matter of fact. The seeds of the group's demise came when the American record company (DWEEBS!) decided it would be better if they renamed themselves The Lonely Boys.
Sheeeesh.
What a crappy name. Especially when you consider the original.
I was thinking about crafting an online petition to retroactively replace all historical references of The Lonely Boys back to the original LITTLE BO BITCH, but I am a NERD, not a LOSER.

1 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

Just out of curiosity, how many gin and tonics did you consume before posting this?

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home