Friday, September 23, 2005

There are places I remember


The death this week of my college roommate, Pat Hannan, prompted me to seek comfort in music. This week's FRIDAY QUESTION asks readers to consider what music comforts them during times of acute sadness.
Jill H. -- For me, it's listening to Chet Baker, just something about that music that feeds the soul.
Roseanne H. -- Something classical.
Rick T. -- The song "Family Bible" by Porter Wagoner, also sung by Willie Nelson. Porter's version is better. If you never heard it, give it a listen.
Erik H. -- The song that helped fill the numb void in my soul, that helped snuff the flames of my anger and that helped stem the tears of my grief this week was "In My Life," John Lennon's ode to The Beatles' home, Liverpool. When I uploaded "Rubber Soul" onto the iPod so many months ago, I must have known "In My Life" would always be held in reserve for me, whenever I would require it during a time of emotional need. That time arrived this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home