Sunday, January 19, 2014

The eyes have it, except when they don't

I endured the most comprehensive, invasive EYE EXAMINATION of my life on Friday.
I need a stronger prescription for my reading glasses (damn you, aging process!) and unbeknownst to me, a small hole had appeared near the retina of my right eye (damn you, small hole near the retina of my right eye).
The result meant an examination that went beyond a basic dilation of the pupils to also include much pushing and prodding.
When I arrived home, I couldn't see properly for hours and my eyes were sore.
I couldn't read, it hurt to attempt to watch TV.
I could listen, though, so I grabbed my IPOD.
I don't know what I would have done without that -- even though I couldn't actually read the names of the playlists I was dialing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home