Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jazz for back pain. It really worked!

My back ached and I was beyond tired.
I needed relief last night after a challenging day at work.
I found my relief in JAZZ.
Jazz for me has been unique: The music can float by in the background or I can intensely focus and discover memorable moments.
I did the latter last night, enjoy the piano work of RUSS FREEMAN on the CHET BAKER QUARTET album "JAZZ AT ANN ARBOR."
Critics say the trumpter/leader was at the peak of his powers during this album, recorded at a May gig at a Masonic Temple in Michigan.
That may be.
Last night, I clamped on my noise-reducing headphones and concentrated on Freeman taking the second solos in each of the eight songs.
If I closed my eyes I could almost see his fingers applied to the ivory.
The more I listened, the more complexity emerged.
Amazingly, the more I listened, the less my back ached, too.
It was proof of the power of jazz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why not? Jazz is a wonderful gift of music to man. It's been contemplated, studied, yet sometimes barely understood. But it is a creative progress which continues to be push forward to this very day. One should always be open to remedies, wherever they can find them. And one should avail of the proper medical treatments and therapies as well.

My Canton Chiropractor

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home