Monday, November 04, 2013

The Undertones album that demands maximum volume

I had the car stereo turned up a little too high while driving around yesterday.
I couldn't really lower the volume, though, because I was listening to THE UNDERTONES.
The Northern Irish band's 1980 album, "HYPNOTISED," sounds almost like a "greatest hits" compilation, packed with gems such as "More Songs About Chocolate and Girls," "There Goes Norman," "The Way Girls Talk," "Wednesday Week" and what might be the most perfectly realized result of their pure-pop vision, "My Perfect Cousin."
These songs sound best when loud, so I duly cranked. It wasn't until I returned home from work that I realized the car stereo's volume level.
I just shook my head: Captivated by The Undertones, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home