Sunday, November 03, 2013

Hockey. Beer. CBC. All I was missing was some poutine

Thanks to the NHL NETWORK, I was able to watch the CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA broadcast from Vancouver last night.
It was a special night: The CANUCKS retired the No. 10 jersey of former star PAVEL BURE -- "The Russian Rocket."
The speedy goalscorer was my favorite player two decades ago.
Following the ceremony, Roberto Luongo made 21 saves for his second shutout of the season as Vancouver beat TORONTO, 4-0.
Daniel Sedin, Zack Kassian, Chris Higgins and Dan Hamhuis scored for Vancouver in a rather intense game featuring several fights.
The Canadian broadcast was interesting to watch. Our neighbors to the north take hockey seriously, a trait reflected throughout the broadcast.
I sipped some Molson Canadian beer while watching the game. I was only missing some hot poutine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home