Saturday, September 21, 2013

Blaring guitars, surfeit of sneers and Buzzcocks

It's no lie.
I was a PUNK ROCK TEEN.
I never had the spiked hair. I never wore a dog collar. I never spit on a band.
But the music that shaped me after early adolescence arrived with blaring guitars and a surfeit of sneers.
Punk rock music formed me.
I'm reliving those formative years by listening to the BUZZCOCKS today.
It started when I had to drive to the grocery store early this morning and "Breakdown" blared out of my car's speakers. I knew I would have to listen to more of the band as the day progressed. The song sounded too cool.
"Promises," "Fast Cars," "Fiction Romance" and "Automony" have me in a revelry this afternoon.
Here's a message for the POP-PUNK fans who only know Rancid, Blink-182, The Get Up Kids, New Found Glory and Fall Out Boy.
The glorious Buzzcocks were there first. Give a listen to where it began. You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home