Friday, September 06, 2013

Reggae is the true sound for me

I just cleaned both BATHROOMS and the CAT BOX.
I'm sweating like a pig, my hands reek of bleach and the cats are still staring at me like I am from Mars.
Yet I'm smiling!
That's because I am listening to the fantastic compilation "BOSS REGGAE."
It gathers 40 top reggae tunes that filled British clubs circa 1968-70.
Justin Hinds & The Dominoes' "Drink Milk," Jimmy Riley's "Walking Proud," Roland Russell's "Rhythm Hips" and Winston Shand & The Sheiks' "Throw Me Corn" are just a few of the classic tracks that have kept me skanking and smiling while scrubbing.
No matter how musical phases I go through -- and I go through many, many phases -- I always come back to this classic reggae music of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
It's the true sound for me -- even when I scoop poop out of litter to the cats' utter horror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home