Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Irish playlist: Guaranteed no horse DNA

It's that time of the year.
I've been tinkering with my 100-song IRISH playlist.
I like to have a lengthy, all-island (Republic and Ulster) playlist suitable for LÁ FHÉILE PÁDRAIG (ST. PATRICK'S DAY).

This playlist blends rock (U2, Thin Lizzy, Future Kings of Spain), pop (Westlife, B*Witched, The Corrs) with Celtic (The Chieftains, Planxty, The Dubliners) and even punk/alternative (Stiff Little Finger, Virgin Prunes, Fight Like Apes).
I've tried to make room for the IRISH DIASPORA, too, including New York band Black 47 and a wonderful song, "THOUSANDS ARE SAILING" by London's THE POGUES.
Now, I just have to get these 100 songs in the right order.
That might take until mid-March!

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Patterson said...

Hey, don't forget Horslips-- true Irish burger-eating music!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home