Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cold enough for Kraftwerk

Minus-10.
No, that's not the amount of money in my wallet -- I actually have five bucks for a change.
Minus-10 is the air temperature forecast for tonight, as we hit our coldest COLD SPELL of the year.
I'm not going to try and fight the cold by listening to organ jazz or reggae in the car today.
Nope. I'm going with the ARCTIC FLOW by enjoying "RADIO-AKTIVITĂ„T," the 1975 album by German synth pioneers KRAFTWERK.
I like how "Radio-Aktivität" ("Radio-Activity" in it's American release) is a bit of a lost gem in the Kraftwerk catalog, appearing as it did between groundbreaking "Autobahn" and the iconic "Trans-Europe Express." As such, it sounds fresher to me because its songs didn't receive the same level of airplay on the alternative rock radio stations I heard growing up. 
I'm just hoping the electronic sounds can help me forget the plunging temperatures -- at least until I can get home to my cocoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home