Sunday, September 23, 2012

Giant celebration leaves me groggy

I'm still a little groggy from last night, an historic night in which the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS won the EIGHTH DIVISION TITLE in my lifetime.
It's been a lifetime of cheering for the Giants for me.
My late grandmother MARGE "MIMI" SMITH taught me about baseball and her favorite team -- transplants from New York who forever battle rivals called the Dodgers.
I took up the cause as a kid, which meant cheering for the Giants through good times and (mostly) bad.
Only relatively recently have the Giants become seemingly perennial contenders.
I was able to watch last night's 8-4 clinching victory over the SAN DIEGO PADRES on television. I savored every minute of it.
Today's grogginess was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home