Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cole Porter soothes the library shamed dreamer

I woke up from a NIGHTMARE about the PUBLIC LIBRARY early this morning.
Yes, that's right. I dreamt we had so many overdue items the library staff attached little flags to a notice. On the flags were the names of all of the boys and girls who were disappointed by the unavailability of our overdue items.
How does one overcome such SUBCONCIOUS LIBRARY SHAMING?
I thought I'd try by listening to some COLE PORTER this morning.
As luck would The girls are awakening to the musical and lyrical brilliance of the songwriter, and you can hear snatches of "Anything Goes," "I Get a Kick Out of You" and "Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love)" from various locations in the house.
ELLA FITZGERALD is currently singing "I'm Always True to You in My Fashion," a song I would love to sing for the library right now. Maybe then they would quit haunting my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home