Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The songs of Wes Anderson

I tinkered with my iPod last night, creating a playlist of some of the most memorable songs from the first three films of WES ANDERSON.
"2000 Man" by The Rolling Stones is there -- it plays during the climax of "BOTTLE ROCKET."
"Judy is a Punk" by the Ramones is on there -- the insanely catchy song punctuates "THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS."
"RUSHMORE" is the best-represented film in my playlist of songs, for good reason. I think it's Anderson's greatest mix of music and movie.
"Making Time" by The Creation, "Concrete and Clay" by Unit 4+2 and "Ooh La La" by the Faces are all included.
I just don't the exact order! That's why I plan on watching "Rushmore" on DVD tonight. Does Cat Stevens' "Here Comes My Baby" appear before or after The Rolling Stones' "I am Waiting?" I'll find out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home