Saturday, February 19, 2011

Krazy for the Kinks

I'm crazy for THE KINKS.
I just completed the finishing touches on a pair of iPod playlists devoted to the legendary English rockers -- a 50-song compilation of singles, A and whatever B sides I had, and a six-and-a-half behemoth filled with every Kinks track I have in my possession, in chronological order, of course.

OK, I might just be crazy. Period. Kinks or otherwise.

I have no qualms admitting my reverence for RAY DAVIES. I simply cannot think of a better songwriter in the rock idiom -- sorry Lennon/McCartney, that's just how I feel.

"Waterloo Sunset," "Sunny Afternoon," "Victoria," "Days" and the colossal "Shangri-La" are among the greatest songs in rock's canon, I think.

Toss in "forgotten" singles, such as "Sweet Lady Genevieve" from 1973, and I'm hopelessly hooked on the band.

This morning, I incorporated my two latest Kinks albums into the playlists: "MUSWELL HILLBILLIES" from 1971 and "THE SONGS WE SANG FOR AUNTIE: BBC SESSIONS, 1964-77."

I fit the BBC session tracks into the playlist based on the order in which they would have been heard by listeners -- based on broadcast date.

See? I'm crazy about the Kinks. Or just crazy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0607
canada goose
christian louboutin outlet
nike air force 1
polo ralph lauren
valentino outlet
michael kors wallets
michael kors handbags
canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
kate spade outlet

1:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.27
air jordan uk
nike soldes femme
mlb shop
ray ban sunglasses
pandora
christian louboutin shoes
ed hardy clothing
moncler jackets
oakley sunglasses
salomon

8:09 PM  
Blogger WEIJYE said...

0824jejechaussures nike air max 90 femme pas cher Les problèmes asics gel noosa tri 10 vélemény de santé ont été une préoccupation majeure pour les humains depuis les asics gel lyte 3 femme rouge pas cher premiers âges. Ils peuvent sortir un entraîneur FlyKnit Racer chaussures nike air max 97 enfant qui ne pèse que 5,6 onces ainsi qu'une air jordan 1 mid rouge et blanc chaussure Nike FlyKnit qui ne pèse que sept. Je viens baskets basses roshe run hyp femme de nike d'avoir un regard de Nike Shox Monster SI sur les accessoires. asics gel lyte 3 ns

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home