Friday, January 14, 2011

Rory, that's enough! I'm trying to type the Friday Question!

BARK! BARK! BARK!
What sound could be worse than a dog's bark that wakes you up a half hour before the alarm goes off on a Friday morning?

I'm not coming up with an answer to that question this morning.

BARK! BARK! BARK!
Thankfully, ROUTE 1 readers have plenty of answers for this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"When was the last time you sang along to a song in the car?"

KERSTIN H. -- Yesterday, I sang along to almost every Westlife song we have.

RICK T. -- Yesterday, and everyday. Music is part of my life.

JIM S. -- Last week when "867-5309/Jenny" by Tommy Tutone came on the radio.
Brought back memories of when it was released in 1982. My friend, Vic, and I "screamed" along with it as it played on a jukebox in a near-empty bar in Gillette, Wyo.

KERI M. -- I can't remember if it was the Glee version of "Baby It's Cold Outside" or "Northface Girl" by The Friars.

ANNIKA H. -- Today.

MARY N.-P. -- Actually as an adult, I don't sing or hum along with music/songs, but as children, we kids, lead by our parents, sang long, involved songs for hours on cross-country road trips - mostly old ethnic or (at the time) popular songs of their era (30s and 40s). Great bonding experience, but it didn't improve my singing ability at all....

JOHN S. -- Um, today. "What it Takes" by Aerosmith.

ERIK H. -- "How can they hear me say those words, still they don't believe me? And if they don't believe me now will they ever believe me?"

I was driving to cover an event this week, listening to the live album "Rank" by The Smiths, when I suddenly found myself singing along to "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side."

I lost myself in a reverie, I guess, as I chanted the words to this song I have heard countless times before.

It was so much fun.

"The boy with the thorn in his side, behind the hatred there lies a plundering desire for love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home