Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Political coverage makes me pine for London

I am toiling on some things at work while listening to coverage on BBC RADIO 5 LIVE online of the change of government in the United Kingdom.
Glancing at one of the newsroom television sets (there are six facing me), I can see live overhead footage of motorcades traveling to and from Buckingham Palace. All I can think about is how much I miss being in LONDON!
The white markings on the streets make me miss the English capital, which my sister INGER and I visited over the New Year -- the zebra crossings, the painted-on roundabouts with arrows, the jagged lines in the middle of the streets (I'm still not sure what those mean).
Inger and I could glimpse both No. 10 Downing St., and Buckingham Palace while enjoying a "flight" on the London Eye, and those memorized visions are replaying in my head as I listen to news of the politicians, the monarch and how they traditionally work together in the transition from one regime to the next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

" the jagged lines in the middle of the streets"

At the zebra crossing ? NO parking.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home