Sunday, May 30, 2010

Free swingin' A's, more like it

The OAKLAND ATHLETICS were known as the "SWINGIN' A'S" when I was a kid.
I am listening to today's A's game today via MLB.com, and it seems like Oakland is taking its old "Swingin' A's" moniker a little too literally. They're swingin' plenty but connecting very little.
Oakland batters have struck out 16 times through eight innings at DETROIT, with Tigers' starter Max Scherzer striking out 14 in his 5-2/3 innings of work.
A former Diamondbacks pitcher, Scherzer threw 113 pitches, including 75 for strikes.
The Tigers currently lead, 10-2, but I am not sure I'll hear the end of the game. We're supposed to head for a campground so we can visit Jill's aunt and uncle.
I wish I could just lounge around here and listen to baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home