Monday, May 17, 2010

Buying my dad an iPod? Only in dreams

I wanted to write this yesterday, but a BAD COLD meant I slept most of the day.
I recently read a theory that DREAMS are a product of our mind reorganizing memories to make room for new ones, like how we might reorganize a closet to fit more things.
If that's true, then the reorganization efforts become quite sloppy when we are ILL.
How else would you explain the sometimes garish, often outlandish dreams we have when feverish?
Yesterday morning while I slept, I dreamt that the girls and I were heading to a big electronics store to buy an iPod for my DAD.
This scenario seems plausible, except that my dad passed away in 1992, three years before our oldest daughter was born.
So, why did I dream this one?
I wondered about that throughout yesterday. I didn't have much else to do. I felt so miserably sick I only ate one meal and spent more time on the couch or in bed than I did upright.
I am loading my dad's favorite music -- JAZZ -- onto my new iPod. Maybe I wanted to share my music with him, even if I could only do so in my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home