Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Remembering Ray Barrett

Australians probably remember RAY BARRETT for his role in "The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith."
Barrett, who died yesterday age 82, was a prolific AUSTRALIAN actor of the stage and screen.
Others may recall Barrett voicing John Tracy, THE HOOD (pictured) and numerous secondary characters on Gerry Anderson's "THUNDERBIRDS."
I watched the inaugural "Thunderbirds" episode -- featuring the evil Hood -- last night on DVD, in memory of Barrett.
I am not entirely certain what it means to be a "consummate" actor, but my definition would be an actor who fades into the background as his characters come to life.
With Barrett, I cannot recall what his "real" voice sounded like. I'll never forget the voice of The Hood, though.
To me, that makes the late Barrett a consummate actor.

1 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

Thanks for that picture. And the nightmares start in 3...2...1

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home