Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tot... Mort... Muerto... Guasto...

Please forgive me for moping, but if yesterday's demise of my IPOD doesn't exactly feel like a death in the family, it at least feels like a debilitating illness in the family.
My music collection was on that little black gadget.
Sure, about 75 percent of my music collection remains on row upon row of compact discs scattered around our house, but have you ever tried to play a CD on an iPod docking station?
I tried numerous revival methods, including overnight charging, connection to a computer and simple re-booting.
Nothing worked.
JILL says I can use her iPod -- and I am grateful to her.
Still, it will take weeks to transfer all of the CDs onto her iPod -- believe it or not, we don't share an exact taste in music.
I'll never be able to perfectly replicate the playlists on my iPod. Facsimiles were on our laptop, but a recent mishap with it meant acquiring a new hard drive. Poof! Went the playlists.
So, forgive me for moping. This music fan finds himself at a loss today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home