Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bustling along with Benson

Is there such a thing as "bustling" music?
I think so.
Last evening, JILL and THE GIRLS moved some furniture around while I prepared my MOM'S TACO SALAD RECIPE.
"THE GEORGE BENSON COOKBOOK" played as we bustled.
The 1966 disc is one of my favorite albums.
Benson could really swing as a guitarist (an aspect of his playing that might have diminished as his commercial standing rose). The sidemen are also top-notch.
DR. LONNIE SMITH cooks up one of his patented grooves on the organ and I've already written about the distinctive sound of RONNIE CUBER on baritone saxophone.
Add guest musicians the likes of KING CURTIS, BLUE MITCHELL and BENNIE GREEN, and you have a stellar combination.
Perfect bustling music, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home