Friday, July 31, 2009

The surprising things we avoid on the menu

ROUTE 1 readers can be a discerning bunch -- when they choose not to read blogs about obscure music, cricket, weird films and soccer, I mean.
They prove to be discerning about food, too, by answering this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Is there a surprising food you just don't like?"
RICK T. -- I hate liver and onions!
STEVE M. -- Are you kidding?? I'm a guy. The foods I don't like are not surprising in the least -- like liver, and I've never even given it half a chance.
BEKAH P. -- Tomatoes, although I don't know exactly how surprising that is. I have never liked them. Still don't like them. Probably never will like them.
LAURA C. -- Chocolate-dipped strawberries...or, really, any combination of chocolate with fruit...blech!
MIKE M. -- Processed "American Cheese" makes me shudder.
ROSEANNE H. -- I cannot even be in the room if someone is chopping up cilantro, let alone eat it!
BRIAN C. -- Beets. Enough said.
KERI M. -- Marshmallows on their own.
JIM S. -- Onions. Anybody who knows me won't be surprised, but almost everyone who hears about it the first time is. (Though I don't mind a little onion salt or even onions that are finely cut -- minced really -- until you can barely tell that they're onions.) But, I'm not fussy or anything.
JEFF T. -- Shrimp -- unless it has been fried into oblivion or covered with a good masking sauce!
KERSTIN H. -- French fries. I just don't like them.
ERIK H. -- It makes me an oddball in Iowa (what doesn't?), but I have never really liked pork chops. I'd much rather have a steak anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home