Friday, July 03, 2009

Do fries come with that Friday Question?

Summer and food go together like, well, like autumn and food, and winter and food and even spring and food.
Where was I? Oh yeah.
Summer and food go together and burgers seem like a quintessential summer food, so this week, ROUTE 1 readers were asked their response to the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What kind of burger do you like best?"
RICK T. -- BIG ole burger, grilled with two slices of cheese, catsup and pickles. Yum Yum!!!!!!!
KERI M. -- Any Cheeseburger that is BBQ'd at my sisters, brothers, boyfriends or Mom & Dads. I don't have a BBQ. A close second is Fatburgers.
LISA Y. -- Very thin, with mushrooms and Swiss....yum!
JOHN S. -- I love the Whiskey River BBQ Burger at Red Robin.
ROBERT H. -- We just got a Fuddruckers (formerly Mother Fuddruckers - I think Mother was the bakery part) here in Reno. It is and has been my favorite since they opened one in Concord where I lived many, many years ago. So for my birthday, I requested a trip to the best, build-it-yourself, ultimate hamburger joint ever, where you can order the patty (1/3 to five pounds) to your preferred doneness - I like mine pink in the middle and juicy. Then take that perfect Black Angus patty on a fresh baked bun to the produce and trimmings counter and load it up with fresh sliced tomatoes, onions, leaf lettuce and whatever else your heart desires. Yummmmmmm!
BRIAN M. -- One with all the assumed essentials (lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion) with pepperjack cheese and jalapeno peppers. Bleu cheese and bacon's pretty darn good, too.
JEFF T. -- Lately I've had a yang for a southwestern flair- a burger dressed with grilled green chilis and onions, some jack cheese, and a thick chile-verde salsa topper... MMMMMMMM......
BEKAH P. -- Big ones.
KERSTIN H. -- Cheeseburger with sautéed onions.
MIKE M. -- Frikadelle im brötchen nach einem 20k Volksmarsch ist sehr gut!
ERIK H. -- I recently had the best burger I have ever had during a stop in Schaumburg, Ill. The Chicago Uno Grill restaurant there offered a gorgonzola burger than was unbelievably good. The burger itself tasted like it had just come off someone's backyard grill. The Gorgonzola was melted along with some sautéed onions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home