Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Stubborn, big-'eaded," but I'll miss 'im

"I think he's the most stubborn, big-'eaded, stuck-up player I've ever seen, and I can't wait to see the back of 'im."
-- A Blackburn Rovers supporter during a BBC radio call-in program concerning the probably exit of Cristiano Ronaldo to Spain.
I am listening online this morning to BBC RADIO FIVE LIVE.
British airwaves are filled with news that MANCHESTER UNITED have accepted a world record offer of £80 million from REAL MADRID for star winger CRISTIANO RONALDO.
As opposed to the Blackburn supporter quoted above, I'm rather saddened to see Ronaldo leave the Premier League.
I admit I always cheered against Ronaldo -- he played the part of stylish villain -- but you can't argue his mazy runs and mesmerizing step-overs certainly added spice to the league.
Don't feel too sorry for Manchester United, mind you. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson will be able to invest the Ronaldo proceeds in the transfer market.
United have been linked with the likes of Lyon forward Karim Benzema, Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Wigan's Antonio Valencia.
They will struggle to keep up with Madrid's star power, however. Real signed Brazilian KAKA for a reported £56 million earlier in the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Doesn't matter who you are or what you can do - no man should be bigger than the team.

I would have actually...and it pains me to say this.. liked to have seen him stay, plus the likes of Kaka join him in the Premier League. With them deciding to sun it up in Spain it's shifted the power balance.

The Prem is considered the best in the world, but with this BIG money moves, not so more...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home