Friday, June 19, 2009

Grooving. not sleeping, with the Friday Question

ROUTE 1 can't sleep.
Fortunately, it's technically FRIDAY, so without further delay (and while everyone else snoozes), here is this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What music are you currently grooving to?"
RICK T. -- Good ole Country Music. (The Real stuff!)
KERI M. -- Josh Groban, "Summer" music, The Trews.
MIKE D. -- Within about a week, I heard "Spooky" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section on the car radio no less than four times, which is, in itself, spooky. But I came to realize what a well-produced song it is. When I’m NOT listening to the car radio, I’ve been playing my ZZ Top's Greatest Hits CD and rocking to "Tush," "Tube Snake Boogie" and "Under Pressure."
BEKAH P. -- I am still listening to the Beatles. I can't help it. They're my favorite!
SASKIA M. -- Thanks to Summer, Sun and the latest Kia Soul Commercials I have been listening to Marz (ft. Pack and Mummiez): "Do What You Do," Calvin Harris: "Colours" and Potbelleez: "Junkyard."
STEVE M. -- When I set my Pandora.com radio station to "Jimmie Dale Gilmore" it gives me Jimmie, Joe Ely, Slaid Cleaves, and other Texas music. Pandora can be a bit repetitive, but Texas music currently has my ear.
LISA Y. -- Jason Mraz is floating my boat most recently.
STACEY B. -- I've steered away from my usual classic rock to a whole lot of OneRepublic lately. Got to change things up once in a while.
MIKE M. -- I've been listening to Louis Armstrong and His Hot Five & Hot Seven on cassette tape in my car.
JEFF T. -- Actually had a Tom Jones greatest hits CD in the car and popped it in the other day during a weak radio moment. It's still there... So this will be day 3 of Tom, unless I get the other CDs out of my wife's car!
ERIK H. -- I can't believe it, but I am only just this week discovering the classic album "Space Ritual" by Hawkwind. I was always afraid it would be too "hippy dippy" for me. Then it dawned on me: Lemmy of Motörhead is the bassist. He would never let it become "hippy dippy!" Instead, so many of the songs just flat-out rock. "Orgone Accumulator" is my favorite. I have no idea what it's about, but it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home