Friday, July 18, 2008

Dancing... Like no one... is... watching!

ROUTE 1 staff are swinging their hips, shaking their heads and making strange, seizure-suffering chicken movements with their hands. Why?
We're dancing like no one is watching!
Readers share the tunes that make them shamelessly strut their stuff by answering this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What song makes you dance like no one is watching?"
KERSTIN H. -- "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club.
MIKE D. -- Some KC and the Sunshine Band music always makes me want to break out my disco moves.
JILL H. -- "I Melt With You" by Modern English, but only when my brother and sisters are with me!
RICK T. -- The Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands to Yourself."
MIKE M. -- I dance like a fool to the banjo, fiddles and Ozark Harp in "Little Rabbit" by Crockett's Kentucky Mountaineers, as heard on the companion CD to R. Crumb's Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country.
ERIK H. -- "Time was on my side when I was running down the street, it was so fine-fine-fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind-mind-mind." It doesn't matter when or where I hear the 1979 single "Born to be Alive" by French disco singer Patrick Hernandez. I *always* start dancing. "We were born, born, born -- born to be alive!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home