Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It even makes cleaning the litter box seem fun

I had to clean the litter box upon arriving home from work tonight -- even before eating supper.
Good thing I had "The Lexicon of Love" by ABC on my iPod.
I had not heard Martin Fry and co.'s 1982 pop opus in ages.
My bad.
It is wonderful -- easily one of the greatest pop albums of all time.
Listening to "All of My Heart," "Poison Arrow," "Date Stamp" and the other tracks, I thought:
If anything, "The Lexicon of Love" was gotten better with age. Like a fine wine, the songs and the Trevor Horn production seem even better than when I first heard this album -- I had it vinyl shortly after its release.
So, there I was, scooping *stuff* out of the litter box and singing along with a big smile on my face.
That doesn't happen too often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home